If you are looking for something different, something aside from the ordinary weekend fun or the clichéd vacation trips, then you should consider a tour of Ang Thong National Marine Park.
If you want to make your day out super special, then do something extra special and enjoy your day cruising around the scenic island of Ang Thong Marine Park on a private boat that is all yours.
You get a whole day and a speedboat to do whatever you want to, and you will have an experienced captain to steer your boat and a guide who knows all about Ang Thong Marine Park to guide you and take you where you want to go. You can plan your trip with your guide to make sure that you get the most out of your journey.
Ang Thong is Thai for ‘Golden Bowl’. It is composed of 42 separate islands over an area of 100 square meters of the beautiful and pristine ocean.
Ang Thong Marine Park is a waterpark unlike any other. Instead of building artificial things, the natural formations and the wildlife have been preserved and utilized to make everything more fun. You can indulge in nature, go underwater and see the exotic tropical fish.
The islands of Ang Thong Marine Park are peppered over the ocean. They are natural geological formations that have molded the limestone in a wide variety of shapes. Nothing manmade can beat the natural beauty of this park, and you won’t find many artificial buildings here.
When you get to Ang Thong Marine Park, there is no limit to what you can do here. You can go for hiking around the islands, and the higher you go the better views you will get, as well as opportunities to take great photos.
If you want to get in the water and get some exercise at the same time, then you will find that kayaks suit your needs. Plenty of kayaks will be available, and they will work up your hunger and prepare you for a lunch.
Snorkeling at Ang Thong National Marine Park is a world-class sport, given that the waters are ideal and you get to spot exotic tropical fish in abundance in the hidden coves. The Samuidaytours team has spent several long days checking out different sites and picking the best spots for you.
There are several different tours operating in the area, and the team of Samuidaytours has chosen the best ones for you. Some members of the Samuidaytours team have worked with them before, which gives the team an edge and direct insight, guaranteeing top-notch service. You will find that the multilingual guides are always ready and willing to help you and share their extensive knowledge of the islands.
Here are some of the things to do and see on your private Ang Thong Marine Park tour:
- Visit Talay Nai, the emerald green lake on Koh Mae Koh
- Go to the viewpoint for a view of the entire park at Koh Mae Koh
- Hiking to multiple view points all the way up to 500m on Koh Wua Ta Lap
- Bua Boke cave featuring impressive stalagmites and stalactites
- Scuba diving
- Snorkeling at Koh Yippon and Koh Wao Yai
- BBQ on the Beach
- Go to the Picnic area
And, of course, there’s just cruising through the park on your speedboat, under the overhanging cliff faces with the wind in your hair!
If all of the things mentioned above have grabbed your interest and you would like to spend a day in the world biggest natural playground, book your trip with Samuidaytours in advance and have the vacation of your dreams.
Private Tour to Ang Thong includes:
- Speedboat with a captain and crew
- English speaking tour guide (You can also request a guide who speaks another language)
- Chilled soft drinks and ice boxes for any beverages you would like to bring along
- Snorkeling equipment (excluding fins)
- Speedboat has a marine toilet on board.
Private Tour to Ang Thong does not include:
All activities, services, and sports mentioned below are available at an extra charge:
- Hotel transfers
- Since many of our guests have different preferences, we do not include lunch as standard. Thai, international, and seafood BBQs are available on request at a cost per head.
- Admission fee to the marine park
- Scuba diving gear
Itinerary for a Private Tour to Ang Thong Marine Park
You get to choose the day and schedule of the tour. The vacation is yours and you decide how it does and what to do. The private speedboat tours operate from 8AM, and must return to Koh Samui by 4:30 PM. Your tour guide will help and guide you with the itinerary.
- Knowledge Development to understand the basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined water dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Equipment assembly, adjustment, and preparation
- Deep water entry
- Proper weighting
- Snorkel regulator exchange
- Regulator recovery and clearing
- Air depletion
- Alternate air source
- Partial and full mask flooding and clearing
- Mask removal and replacement
- Breathing from a regulator without a mask (60 seconds)
- No mask swim
- Scuba unit removal and replacement at the surface
- Weight belt removal and replacement at the surface
- Cramp removal
- Tired diver tow
- Scuba unit removal and replacement underwater
- Weight belt removal and replacement underwater
- Fin pivot (oral and low pressure inflator)
- Neutral buoyancy (hovering)
- Free flowing regulator breathing (30 seconds)
- Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent
- Exiting the water
- Equipment disassembly & maintenance
- Open water dives to review your skills and explore!
- Wreck Diving
- Night Diving
- Search and Recovery
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Digital Underwater Photography
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Diver Propulsion Vehicles (Underwater Scooters)
- Underwater Videography
- Multilevel & computer diving
- Boat Diving
- All transfers
- Thai Buffet Dinner
- Non-alcoholic drinks, coffee, tea, and espresso
- Full breakfast
- Seasonal fruits
- Much faster journey, much shorter day
- Their speed means they can visit dive sites further away
- Speedboats are smaller vessels, so they can moor up closer to dive sites and visit some dive sites that larger boats can’t
- A bit more exciting than a slow boat!
- Slow boats are big boats, which have more space to move around and they’re more stable in the water.
- They also typically have more divers on board making for a good atmosphere where everyone has 1 thing in common.
- Big boats tend to use less gasoline, so the tour prices are typically cheaper.
- Generally as there’s more space, tea, coffee, and snacks are provided and there are better facilities onboard such as a wash tank, shower, and proper sized toilet.