Mr Tu’s fishing tours in Koh Samui are famous and live up to their name by providing one of the best fishing experiences on the island. On this tour you get the opportunity to cast your lines in the clear water of the Gulf of Thailand on a day trip that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Just hop on board for a day of hospitality of Koh Samui and fish in the tropical sea.
On this trip you venture into the main fishing territory from Koh Samui. Your shipping vessel will have all the equipment and gear, including rods, lines, baits, and lures that you will need to catch the local fish.
Mr Tu is a well-known figure on the island of Koh Samui. He is a local celebrity because of his journey: he started off as a fisherman, worked hard, and 25 years later, he now has a small fleet of his own fishing vessels that set out and venture into the sea everyday from the island for fishing tours. If you get lucky enough to go fishing with him, you will surely learn from his experience and wit that he has also passed on to his crew; their warmth and hospitality will surely enrich your experience and make for a pleasant trip.
It is a fact locally agreed upon that the sea air makes you hungry, and for that this tour includes a delicious buffet lunch served at midday. Your hosts will provide exquisite dishes and tropical fruits, and there will also be a barbecue facility on board so you can cook and eat your own fresh game.
Mr. Tu’s fishing tours are a perfect choice for families as well. Life jackets are provided on board, all passengers are insured, and an English-speaking guide will be available so you can enjoy your trip to the max. The tour has discounted prices available for people who can’t or don’t fish, so they can enjoy a pleasant cruise, buffet, and go swimming or snorkeling.
You can book your tour with Samuidaytours right now from the comfort of your own home, to ensure that you get a place on Mr. Tu’s famous fishing tour.
Mr Tu’s Day Fishing Trip includes:
- Hotel Transfer
- English-speaking guide
- All fishing gear needed, including baits and lures
- Life jackets
- Thai buffet lunch: fried rice, hot fried chicken, hot fried prawn, hot potato, salad, bread, fresh fruit
- BBQ onboard with your catch
- Soft drinks, tea, and coffee
- Refreshing towel
- Full Insurance
- Complimentary red or white wine
Mr Tu’s Fishing Trip Itinerary
Day fishing tours run 7 days a week
09:00 – 10:00 Transfer from hotel to Big Buddha Pier
10:00 – 12:00 Departure from the pier to the first fishing area and time to cast your lines
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch and onboard BBQ with your catch. Swimming, snorkeling, and leisure time for non-fishing folks
13:00 – 17:00 Challenge time on game fishing
17:00 Return to pier and transfer back to hotel
What to Bring
- Your booking voucher
Pick-Up Times for Mr Tu’s Tour
08:00 – 08:20 Nathon
08:30 – 08:40 Maenam
08:40 – 08:50 Bophut
09:00 – 09:30 Chaweng
08:30 – 08:45 Lamai
09:30 – 09:45 Choeng Mon
- Wreck Diving
- Night Diving
- Search and Recovery
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Digital Underwater Photography
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Diver Propulsion Vehicles (Underwater Scooters)
- Underwater Videography
- Multilevel & computer diving
- Boat Diving
- Much faster journey, much shorter day
- Their speed means they can visit dive sites further away
- Speedboats are smaller vessels, so they can moor up closer to dive sites and visit some dive sites that larger boats can’t
- A bit more exciting than a slow boat!
- Slow boats are big boats, which have more space to move around and they’re more stable in the water.
- They also typically have more divers on board making for a good atmosphere where everyone has 1 thing in common.
- Big boats tend to use less gasoline, so the tour prices are typically cheaper.
- Generally as there’s more space, tea, coffee, and snacks are provided and there are better facilities onboard such as a wash tank, shower, and proper sized toilet.
- Knowledge Development to understand the basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined water dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Equipment assembly, adjustment, and preparation
- Deep water entry
- Proper weighting
- Snorkel regulator exchange
- Regulator recovery and clearing
- Air depletion
- Alternate air source
- Partial and full mask flooding and clearing
- Mask removal and replacement
- Breathing from a regulator without a mask (60 seconds)
- No mask swim
- Scuba unit removal and replacement at the surface
- Weight belt removal and replacement at the surface
- Cramp removal
- Tired diver tow
- Scuba unit removal and replacement underwater
- Weight belt removal and replacement underwater
- Fin pivot (oral and low pressure inflator)
- Neutral buoyancy (hovering)
- Free flowing regulator breathing (30 seconds)
- Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent
- Exiting the water
- Equipment disassembly & maintenance
- Open water dives to review your skills and explore!
- All transfers
- Thai Buffet Dinner
- Non-alcoholic drinks, coffee, tea, and espresso
- Full breakfast
- Seasonal fruits
- Visit Talay Nai, the emerald green lake on Koh Mae Koh
- Go to the viewpoint for a view of the entire park at Koh Mae Koh
- Hiking to multiple view points all the way up to 500m on Koh Wua Ta Lap
- Bua Boke cave featuring impressive stalagmites and stalactites
- Scuba diving
- Snorkeling at Koh Yippon and Koh Wao Yai
- BBQ on the Beach
- Go to the Picnic area