Ang Thong National Marine Park Tour by Yacht
One of the best ways to explore the 42 islands of Ang Thong National Marine Park is by a yacht tour; a luxurious trip through and through on a luxury yacht for snorkeling, sightseeing, kayaking, and relaxing for one whole day.
It is one of Yacht’s best tours for seeing the surreal beauty of the islands. The Golden Bow, or Ang Thong, islands cover an area of neary 250Km2. The unique geography of the islands has resulted in unique names for each island.
The islands are chiefly covered with limestone tropical rainforest, evergreen, beaches, and surrounded by the protected waters of Ang Thong National Marine Park. These waters also serve as a sanctuary for the abundant wildlife local to the island; the wildlife includes whales, dolphins, reef sharks, green turtles, hawksbill turtles, cobras and pythons, lizards, bats, otters, boars, and iguanas, as well as 54 species of birds.
The wildlife is everywhere and tourists usually do come across them, so taking your cameras with you is advised. Things to do at the Ang Thong Marine Park include: snorkeling, touring caves on kayaks, hidden lagoons, white sandy beaches, sightseeing, and the mesmerizing underwater landscape.
When it comes to snorkeling, Koh Wao is the perfect island. This is because it is the northern most island, and is located at a considerable distance from Koh Samui and the mainland. As a result, it has clear water. Moreover, it is home to a beautiful array of soft corals that can’t be found on the other islands.
Since the waters are protected, the marine life is booming in the area. Beautiful, vibrant, and colorful fish can be observed while snorkeling. The fish common in these waters include: angelfish, bannerfish, butterflyfish, stingrays, fusiliers, barracuda, puffer fish, snapper, and moray eels.
The Koh Mae Koh island, also called Mother Island, is among the most visited islands of the Ang Thong Marine Park. It offers a great view of the breathtakingly beautiful scenery of the entire park, and is also home to the Emerald Lake (a saltwater lagoon). There are stairs embedded into the natural surroundings that will take you to the top for a clear view. The top area is a great place for taking photos as well. You can come down using a different set of stairs that will take you straight to the water’s edge of the Emerald Lake so you can take in the towering cliffs as well.
Yacht’s Ang Thong Marine Park Tour includes:
- Hotel transfer
- Snorkeling gear
- Tour guide
- International buffet lunch
- Soft drinks and snacks on board
- National Marine Park entrance fee (300 Adults, 150 Children)
- Full comprehensive insurance
Yacht’s Ang Thong Marine Park Tour does not include:
- Swimming costumes
- Tips for the staff
Ang Thong Marine Park Tour Itinerary
07:00 Transfer from hotel to the pier in Nathon.
08:30 Seatran Discovery Yacht departure from Koh Samui to Koh Wao.
10:30 Arrival at Koh Wao for snorkeling.
11:30 Lunch buffet (on board) and time to enjoy the beautiful scenery while cruising through Ang Thong National Marine Park.
13:00 Arrival at Koh Mae Koh for leisure time, snorkeling, and kayaking activities from Nathon beach and for an adventure trip to see the emerald green lake “Thale Nai”.
15:00 Return on-board and depart for Koh Samui
17:00 Seatran Discovery Yacht arrival at Nathon pier and transfer back to hotel.
Things to bring to Ang Thong Marine Park
- Swimming costumes
- Suitable footwear
- Much faster journey, much shorter day
- Their speed means they can visit dive sites further away
- Speedboats are smaller vessels, so they can moor up closer to dive sites and visit some dive sites that larger boats can’t
- A bit more exciting than a slow boat!
- Slow boats are big boats, which have more space to move around and they’re more stable in the water.
- They also typically have more divers on board making for a good atmosphere where everyone has 1 thing in common.
- Big boats tend to use less gasoline, so the tour prices are typically cheaper.
- Generally as there’s more space, tea, coffee, and snacks are provided and there are better facilities onboard such as a wash tank, shower, and proper sized toilet.
- All transfers
- Thai Buffet Dinner
- Non-alcoholic drinks, coffee, tea, and espresso
- Full breakfast
- Seasonal fruits
- Visit Talay Nai, the emerald green lake on Koh Mae Koh
- Go to the viewpoint for a view of the entire park at Koh Mae Koh
- Hiking to multiple view points all the way up to 500m on Koh Wua Ta Lap
- Bua Boke cave featuring impressive stalagmites and stalactites
- Scuba diving
- Snorkeling at Koh Yippon and Koh Wao Yai
- BBQ on the Beach
- Go to the Picnic area
- Wreck Diving
- Night Diving
- Search and Recovery
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Digital Underwater Photography
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Diver Propulsion Vehicles (Underwater Scooters)
- Underwater Videography
- Multilevel & computer diving
- Boat Diving
- Knowledge Development to understand the basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined water dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Equipment assembly, adjustment, and preparation
- Deep water entry
- Proper weighting
- Snorkel regulator exchange
- Regulator recovery and clearing
- Air depletion
- Alternate air source
- Partial and full mask flooding and clearing
- Mask removal and replacement
- Breathing from a regulator without a mask (60 seconds)
- No mask swim
- Scuba unit removal and replacement at the surface
- Weight belt removal and replacement at the surface
- Cramp removal
- Tired diver tow
- Scuba unit removal and replacement underwater
- Weight belt removal and replacement underwater
- Fin pivot (oral and low pressure inflator)
- Neutral buoyancy (hovering)
- Free flowing regulator breathing (30 seconds)
- Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent
- Exiting the water
- Equipment disassembly & maintenance
- Open water dives to review your skills and explore!